Breadcrumb

Job scenario in Germany

18/04/2017 - 15:15-89 Comments by | india flag

Hello Everyone ,

Hope you all are good. Its been long since I wrote, and I thought its time for me to give you some valuable information about something we all look forward to i.e. Jobs. Even when I was applying for the universities, one question always lingered in my mind, which is, will I get a job after my studies or I have to come back without anything. How is the job scenario in Germany? Do they prefer International students or not? Will language be a barrier and many more unanswered question?

Today its been more than six months in Germany and I can say I am confident as at least, I know now what it takes to get a job in Germany. From attending conferences to job fairs to interacting with seniors, I have got pretty good idea as how things are currently in Germany and so I will list down few important things for me to resolve few of your queries.

• Most important thing, there are jobs. There is no scarcity or dearth of jobs, there are plenty but the question is whether you prepare yourself for the job or not while studying in Germany. It doesn’t matter what you have done till now. After you come here, interact with your seniors and ask them what particulars things companies ask for and learn that during your studies. You still have lot of time.
  • Attend job fairs and conferences hosted by industries and universities. At that time you will get to interact with the companies and you can ask them directly as what specific qualities they usually look for in a candidate. Make some contact. Its really helpful, believe me.
  • If you search on google, many people have written that jobs are not offered for international students. This is totally incorrect. When someone doesn’t get a job, they usually find some reason to blame someone. I will also write down the reasons why people don’t get jobs.
  • Germans are very particular about how you put forward your application. If you don’t fulfill the requirements, don’t apply. You will anyway get a rejection, its the same like while applying for Universities. When applying, one has to take care about what they have asked for in job advertisement and do you have what they are asking.
  • German language, every international student thinks its an arduous task to learn German and many people consider not to learn it to an extent where they are comfortable with it.  I would say, its not compulsory to learn so much German and its one priority to what they want to do. But, I have seen people who can speak good German getting jobs and internship faster than one who are not. You can get a job even without German language skills but I suggest there is no harm in learning it. So , don’t limit your options.
  • I tell you, I interacted with a company and they said ‘ Learn German, programming languages we will teach you’. So , I guess whether German language is important or not.
  • Coming on to Universities and courses. Universities won’t matter much and so will your grade. What matters is what have you studied and what projects have you done during your studies or any prior job experience if you have. So, do choose your course wisely before coming here.

I hope you have got some fair idea about how things are currently in Germany. Don’t worry too much about getting a job before coming here. When you come here, just make sure you make yourself into an asset. Learn new things and improve yourself everyday.

If you have anymore doubts, you can always contact me on fb and of course you can comment here. Good Luck!

Tags: Career, English Blog Post, Part-time Job

Comments

89 Comments

Hello Sir,
    I want to know something from regarding studying in Germany. Kindly revert back.

Comment by Debasmita Mohapatra created 19/04/2017 - 16:49

Hi Debasmita,

General information on studying in Germany and higher education here you’ll find on our website http://www.study-in.de! There is a really handy guide on how to study in Germany in 10 steps: https://www.study-in.de/en/service/ten-steps-to-studying-in-germany_28447.php.

Your Study in Germany-Team

Comment by Redaktion created 21/04/2017 - 08:50

please sir,about the scholarship for BnSc Nursing in Germany is it real?

Comment by Adewale created 22/04/2017 - 08:45

I agree with some points of this article. But I will mention what I disagree with.

First of all, with all due respect to the writer, but 6 months in Germany is not enough time to assess the situation here. I’ve been here for almost 4 years and the job hunt differs a lot from field to field and city to city.

I strongly disagree with the point that if the ad mention requirements you don’t have you should not apply and you’ll get a rejection, and the same goes for universities. I got rejected from programs and jobs that I was over qualified to, and got accepted to programs and jobs that I though I will never get in and my degree didn’t even match exactly what they were asking for, but they actually looked at motivation and reference letters, internships and my CV, and that helped a lot. So nothing is set in stone.

A German professor I worked with once told me “In jobs, they usually put too many demands so they don’t get hundreds of applicants, that should not discourage you from not applying. They always expect you to learn and learn quickly, they know they won’t get a perfect match, but when they put too many demands in the ad, the will reduce the number of applicants and only get applicants who are highly motivated”
    So don’t get discouraged by the ad only.

I do agree that German language is essential, even if it’s an international environment, but they still expect you to speak it, and it will give you a big advantage over other applicants.

Also, depends on the field. But grades do matter, I don’t think you’ll get a job with a GPA of 3 on a German system. Even for PhD applications they do ask for a good GPA. But it’s not essential. However, better grades gives you an advantage too. What I believe (also a couple of professors told me) really matters is your Thesis, take really good care in that, and try to do your best in it, because in the many interviews I had, I’m always asked to talk about my Diplom thesis.

Good luck to everyone 🙂

Comment by Fawaz Dabbaghie created 03/05/2017 - 17:33

Respected sir,
    I passed my masters in Hydraulics Irrigation now i want continue by Phd. is there any forum for scholarships at jourmany? please guide me. thanks

Comment by Ghulam sarwar created 04/05/2017 - 03:34

Hi,
      thanks for your request and your interest in researching/doing your PhD in Germany. Our colleagues of ‘Research in Germany’ can give you the best advice about your research and funding opportunities in Germany. You can find them here: http://www.facebook.com/Research.in.Germany
      you can find scholarships for graduate students in the DAAD scholarship database https://www.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/.
      The application requirements are listed in the respective description.

Comment by Redaktion created 04/05/2017 - 07:20

hi
    can you describe about the job prospect of business studies background’s candidate?

Comment by Tajreen Tahnaj created 04/05/2017 - 10:46

Hello Yash, Hope you are doing well over there in Germany,
    Could you tell me what are first steps to admission in any German university with Msc courses?
    And if i apply with 4 years Bsc courses then will they give me 4 years visa for it?

Thank you.

Comment by ashique created 04/05/2017 - 14:52

Hi,

What is the scope for MS in Finance ? One of my friends who is working there after completing MBA said that getting job for MS finance is difficult. Is that so ?

Comment by Mythili created 05/05/2017 - 16:45

Hi,
      On our website you can find more information about how to launch a successful career in Germany https://www.study-in.de/en/plan-your-stay/job-and-career/career-after-your-studies/career-after-your-studies_28414.php.
      For more extensive information about working in Germany please visit http://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en.

Comment by Redaktion created 08/05/2017 - 07:57

My CGPA is 2.60/4 . I have diploma in mechanical and B.tech in Mechatronics. I’m currently learning German language. Do companies in German require higher CGPA or it is depend on CV and overall knowledge or they have specific requirements about CGPA ?

Comment by Gaurang created 18/06/2017 - 22:00

Hi,
      each German university is responsible for determining its own admission policies. That’s why you should ask the International Office at the German university of your choice whether you fulfill all the requirements for admission and how much of your previous academic work will be recognised. You will find a list of universities and courses in our database https://www.study-in.de/en/plan-your-studies/find-programme-and-university/

Comment by Redaktion created 21/06/2017 - 09:57

Hello Sir,

I have few concerns regarding germany.Could you please assist ?
    My concerns are as below:-
    1.I am looking some techno-managerial course like MIS as I am not so technically sound & therefore would like to go for management course.So is germany good for such courses ?

2.What is the scenario in universities for foreign student ? Do universities teach & conduct exams in german or english for international student ?

3.How tough or easy it is to learn german?How much time does it take ?

4.Does germany offers zero tuition fee curriculam for MIS programmes?

5.Till how long you get stay visa after completion of graduation for searching jobs in germany ? And what are the chances of getting PR in Germany ??

Please revert back.
    Waiting ti hear from you

TIA,
    Shifa

Comment by Shifa Ali created 08/10/2017 - 21:17

Hallo.

I am a Marketing Graduate and I hold a Bachelors Degree in Advertising. Currently studying e-Commerce (Diploma) and also, German (A1). I am thinking in applying for Media, Management and Digital Technologies, or, Business Entrepreneurship & Digital Technology Management studies, in Germany. Could you give me your honest opinion about this field, please?

Unfortunately, where I live (Ireland) International Students are welcome only to keep the Education industry running ( paying 2,3 X more than a European) and that’s all! Work Experience after finish college? Forget about it.

Internships are almost inexistent, trainee only for Irish Graduates and jobs? Well, there are few, but never send your CV to a recruitment agency, because they will never reply it if your name does not sound “European”.

Comment by GRAZI created 20/11/2017 - 22:40

Hi,
      Study-in.de is not an agency or advising service, and that’s why we cannot offer you any direct help with your application to German university. However, if you have general questions or want to be pointed in the right direction, please feel free to contact one of the DAAD offices all around the world https://www.daad.de/der-daad/kontakt/en/29344-addresses-telephone-numbers/

Comment by Redaktion created 23/11/2017 - 09:18

Hello Grazi,

Please contact me with your query at my email “yashinaniya@gmail.com” . I am not active anymore here.

Kind Regards,

Yash

Comment by Yash Inaniya created 23/11/2017 - 13:32

Hello,

I have plan to join MSc in International Construction Practice and Law (MBE) at University of Stuttgart. It is 2 years part time programme. Please let me know about the student visa I can obtain same like as full time student of not?

Comment by Zahid Masood Masood created 05/12/2017 - 13:21

Hi,
      for more information about visa requirements, contact the German embassy or German consulate in your home country. On the website of the German Federal Foreign Office you can find the addresses of German diplomatic missions abroad http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/sid_B1CB5F98FD3681A689450B209A7AA2BA/EN/Laenderinformationen/DtAuslandsvertretungenA-Z-Laenderauswahlseite_node.html.

Comment by Redaktion created 13/12/2017 - 10:42

Hi,

I would like to know Government Universities that are tuition free. I want to pursue PG in Fashion Management. Kindly help. Thank you

Comment by Vyoma Singh created 20/01/2018 - 10:44

Hi,
      the tuition at German universities is very low. However, all students have to pay a semester contribution. For more information, see the section on money and costs https://www.study-in.de/en/plan-your-stay/money-and-costs/
      You can find study programmes in Fashion Management in our database https://www.study-in.de/en/plan-your-studies/find-programme-and-university/?a=result&q=Fashion+Management&degree=&courselanguage=&locations=&admissionsemester=&sort=name&page=1 The programme description informs you about the admission procedure and the requirements.

Comment by Redaktion created 22/01/2018 - 10:07

Hello,

Hope this comment finds you in good health.

I would like to know the following things:

1. Have you got a job now or are you still pursuing Masters?

2. I am interested in doing research work OR getting a job. Could you please let me know what is the scope now?

Comment by R. Bharat Murthy created 02/02/2018 - 05:52

Comment by Redaktion created 22/02/2018 - 14:53

Hi sir,
    Firstly thank you for the information and I would like to know what is the scope for jobs in agriculture sector because i am planning to purse a structured phd in Germany only thing pulling me back is the lack of information regarding jobs. I would be grateful if you provide me the information required thank you

Comment by Navya created 10/02/2018 - 10:24

Hi,
      thanks for your request and your interest in doing your PhD in Germany. Our colleagues of ‘Research in Germany’ can give you the best advice about your research and funding opportunities in Germany. You can find them here: http://www.facebook.com/Research.in.Germany

Comment by Redaktion created 22/02/2018 - 14:55

I would like to know about the scope and possibilities of Masters in Global Production Engineering from TU Berlin

Comment by Thomson created 22/03/2018 - 12:41

Hi Thomson,
      please contact directly the TU Berlin. we can’t give you advice for single study courses.
      Your Study in Germany-Team

Comment by Redaktion created 28/03/2018 - 13:07

Hello Yash
    I wanted to know about scope of Masters in engineering management in Germany current scenario.

Comment by Satyendra Singh created 11/04/2018 - 21:27

Hello, I’m Pardha Mithra and I’m looking forward to do my MS in CS from Germany. How are the opportunities for CS in Germany. I would also know about the racism over there as I have heard a few cases. Can you give the info regarding the food also for pure vegetarian.

Comment by Pardha Mithra created 17/04/2018 - 16:15

Hi,

you can find master programmes in compurer science in our database https://www.study-in.de/en/plan-your-studies/find-programme-and-university/?a=result&q=computer+science&degree=37&courselanguage=&locations=&admissionsemester=&sort=name&page=1 The programme description informs you about the admission procedure and the requirements.

Unfortunately, in Germany as well as in other countries, racism occasionally exists. However, Germany has an open-minded and foreigner-friendly culture that is happy to welcome international students. Besides, Germany is a safe country for international standards. more Information please visit our website:https://www.study-in.de/en/plan-your-stay/

Comment by Redaktion created 23/04/2018 - 09:05

Hello Sir,
    Hope you are doing good and enjoying your stay in Germany. I am an Indian too and currently aspiring to pursue MSc Economics from Germany. I knw German langauge till C1. I wana know what kind of job opportunities I could be having after completing my course and will I also be eligible for a global job market?
    Thanks in advance

Comment by shubhika Gupta created 27/04/2018 - 11:47

Comment by Redaktion created 03/05/2018 - 08:40

I’m planning to do my masters in Germany.What kind of EC courses for my master’s will help me fetch Jobs easily or which has more scope in job point of view in Germany?

Comment by Neelu created 20/05/2018 - 21:41

Comment by Redaktion created 28/05/2018 - 15:09

You have provided very informative post here because as a student i rally need to cover up my extra expenses so i was looking for part-time jobs or any kind of freelance job so searched over internet and found out your article which i think is a great help for me.Thank You.

Comment by Ritesh Sharma created 29/05/2018 - 05:36

Hi ,

Need Some Advise

I have done masters in civil engg from Newyork university , but have 10 + years exp in Information Technology industry .

Am i eligible to apply for a work permit in germany.

Kindly Guide me.

Premkumar

Comment by Premkumar created 20/06/2018 - 09:07

Comment by Redaktion created 27/07/2018 - 10:09

hello,
    Just wanted to ask some queries
    1.What approximate amount of funding is required for the two years Masters in Germany
    2. What are the possible chances to get part time job to cover the expenses sir.
    3. Before coming is it advisable to get A1 and A2 level clear from india itself

Comment by Savi created 20/06/2018 - 20:27

Compared to other European countries, the cost of living in Germany is quite reasonable. The prices for food, accommodation, clothing, cultural events, etc. are basically in line with the EU average. You will need around 670 euros per month to cover your living expenses. The largest expense is your monthly rent. In most cases, applicants have to prove that they have around 8,700 euros at their disposal for one year.
      The tuition at German universities is very low, and some universities charge no tuition fee at all. Most German universities are funded by the government. Normally students in bachelor’s programmes don’t have to pay tuition fees. Low tuition fees are charged, however, for master’s degree programmes. All students have to pay a semester contribution. For more information, see the section on money and costs https://www.study-in.de/en/plan-your-stay/money-and-costs/ and Financing https://www.study-in.de/en/plan-your-studies/financing-and-scholarships_27633.php

Comment by Redaktion created 27/07/2018 - 10:09

Dear Sir,

i done BS in biotech and have education gap of 9 years, can i apply for Masters studies in Germany?
    kind Regards,
    sam

Comment by sam created 06/07/2018 - 11:58

Comment by Redaktion created 27/07/2018 - 10:00

helo sir / mam I completed my B.Sc forestry from India I need a job in Germany. .Can I get a job thee related to foresrty??

Comment by shalini created 06/07/2018 - 17:58

Comment by Redaktion created 27/07/2018 - 10:02

hey yash i am from india(bhopal) and i want to pursue bachelors for cs in Germany and i am learning a1 and a2 level and want to know of bachelors get good jobs or not or i have to do masters after studying in germany and yeah one more thing about living expenses

Comment by nimish created 18/07/2018 - 03:28

Hi,
      Compared to other European countries, the cost of living in Germany is quite reasonable. The largest expense is your monthly rent. In most cases, applicants have to prove that they have a specific amount at their disposal for one year. For more information, visit our website-section on money and costs https://www.study-in.de/en/plan-your-stay/money-and-costs/

Comment by Redaktion created 27/07/2018 - 09:52

Hi Yash,

Am planning to do my masters in computer science from Germany.
    I just wanted to know whether the age plays a role in getting a job in Germany.
    The reason why am asking is that currently am 30 years old and do have 7 years of experience.
    So by the end of course I would be 32-33.will this play a role in job market?

Comment by Subin Pius created 31/07/2018 - 15:48

Comment by Redaktion created 06/08/2018 - 09:29

Hey there!,
    Hope you are doing great, first of all I would greet you with a wonderful applause for helping so many of the students and needy one’s, great job.
    I’m Abrar ,from India,m a dentist and an entrepreneur practicing since 2011 in India,I wish to plan a carrier in health care administration in the future in Germany after 2 years, completing 10 years of clinical practice,I have had gone through few general details through few of your posts,yet I have few questions about choosing a business school for the above(master’s in health administration) and a sustainable stay while I study through internships or jobs which should visibly count to update my CV for a good job in the future there..and my must to home work in these 2 years apart from ilets and German language.
    I’ll be ever grateful for the same.
    Thanks

Comment by Abrar created 31/07/2018 - 19:43

Comment by Redaktion created 06/08/2018 - 09:28

What exactly is the profile they are looking for like projects, papers, language, certificate courses , internships etc. Please let me know about this

Comment by Mushunuri Raghava Vinay Kanth created 07/08/2018 - 02:11

Comment by Redaktion created 08/08/2018 - 07:39

(required)
(required will not be published)