Behringstr. 6a, 8,10, 12, 14, 16, 54296 Trier
This residence, with 410 residential units, primarily single apartments, was occupied for the first time in summer semester 2001. Two other buildings were ready for use in winter semester 2007/08. Four apartments are fully equipped for disabled students.
This residence is ideal particularly for students of earth sciences/IT. The grounds are also home to the geography and IT faculties as well as a refectory/bistro. All facilities are located within a radius of 400 metres.
The same distance away by foot, there is also a shop and the bus stop for routes 4 and 14.
Duration of housing
Due to the limited amount of accommodation available, the tenancy period is limited to eight semesters. This can be extended in special cases (for example severe injury, or for foreign students).
Laundry rooms with washing machines and dryers
Free parking spaces
Shopping and infrastructure (supermarket, post office, bank, etc.)
Canteen and bistro are on site, shops nearby
Special deals for international students
In order to help foreign students come to terms as they commence with their everyday student life, the Studierendenwerk Trier has developed a . The Servicepackage offers the following services:
- accommodation near the university, in a two-room-apartment with another student (furnished) or optional in an one-room-apartment (furnished)
- tutoring on site
- free Internet access in every room
- bed linen (one time)
- Study-Identity-Card: one-time charge of 100 EUR for use the washing-machine and dryers in the dorms and / or payment in canteens
- visits to theatre and sport-events
- cinema ticket
- free psychological counsel it required
- free counsel-service
The service package can be booked for a period of one to two semesters. The cost is 1,750 EUR per semester.
Deadline for registration:
- 31 August for the winter semester (October to March)
- 28 February for the summer semester (April to September)
Each residence hall run by the Studierendenwerk Trier is looked after by who will assist you if problems should occur.
Special deals for students with children / families
This dormitory offers living space for students with children, families and couples.
1) Rent includes heating and ancillary costs
2) This dormitory offers specially equipped living space for disabled students. For students with severe disabilities, there is also the option of a care assistant provided by the dorm. This service is available from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5.15pm.
Disabled students, students with children, foreign students and students receiving BAföG funding. Within each group, accommodation will be allocated in the order in which applications were received.
Seite in Deutsch
Servicepackage for foreign students
When starting to study in Germany, foreign students are faced by numerous practical problems, for example, accommodation and coming to terms with every day student life. Not forget the question of "How much do I need to cover my cost of living?"
In order to help foreign students come to terms as they commence with their everyday student life, the Studentenwerk organisations have developed an SERVICEPACKAGE. This aims to ensure that students from abroad are able to manage the essential items of their cost of living during their stay at aconomical prices. It also aims to help them come to terms and find their way around their host country. Further information can be found .