Winklerstraße 14, 09599 Freiberg
The housing complex Winklerstraße is situated on campus. The houses are landmarked and are on a calm street to the campus. You have short ways to the Mensa and library.
Since the renovation 2013 the shared flats for five persons have been equipped with big and modern kitchens, in which you can cook and eat, have parties or just sit together or learn for your courses.
Duration of housing
Prescribed period of study (Diploma, Bachelor, Master), but at least for one semester (if the rent time is shorter than one semester, an extra fee will be charged). Extensions are possible upon application.
There is a spaciously laid out green area behind the house where you can find a beach volleyball area, a huge barbecue area with a pavilion and some parking spaces. More parking can be found opposite the road at a big parking lot.
In the house you will also find:
- several bicycle rooms,
- a laundrette with a separate room for drying your clothes.
Shopping and infrastructure (supermarket, post office, bank, etc.)
Supermarket, pharmacy, drug store reachable on foot within ten minutes
Students who fulfil the following criteria are prioritised:
- foreign students who are disadvantaged on the open housing market,
- disabled and chronically ill students for whom the accommodation at the Studentenwerk Freiberg would mean a relief on their situation,
- students in an extraordinarily difficult personal situation,
- students with a child,
- students, especially beginners in their first course of study, who are not able to reach their hometown by public transport.